Know the Ropes
This course will provide the student with the ability to approach ice rescue situations safely, assess hazards, resources, and conditions, and perform both shore-based and “go” ice rescues, as appropriate. All functions of awareness, operations, and technician levels are addressed.
Subjects taught include:
Have Questions? Call us at 800.743.0554
Cost per person:
Check out past teams going through the ice rescue course
Need more info about the course? We'll answer any or all questions you have!
You can call us at 800.743.0554 or contact us today
Ice Rescue Equipment Required For Class
Rescue Northwest provides some of the gear that is used during the ice rescue training course. Students will need to come prepared with the following equipment:
Frequently Asked Questions About Ice Rescue Training
Our ice rescue training course is completed in a single day and lasts for 8 hours. This course is open to rescue technicians of all skill levels. Our immersive ice rescue training is physically demanding and students need to be capable of enduring extreme temperatures and conditions. Please contact us at 800.743.0554 to discuss any concerns you may have or to receive additional preparation advice.
Objectives covered include how to:
- Identify hazards
- Evaluate available resources
- Assess victim conditions (including how to mitigate injuries and how to handle victims with significant injuries such as patient decomposition mid-rescue and spinal injuries)
- Develop an ice rescue operational plan
- Perform shore-based rescues
- Perform the “GO” rescue (using a go rescue sling and go rescue with an ice rescue board)
- Navigate changing conditions mid-rescue
- Triage patients and manage multiple victims
- Student handout materials
- Rescue Northwest certificate of completion
- Rescue Northwest t-shirt