Harken Lokhead Winch Kit
The Harken LokHead Winch is a man-riding portable capstan winch specifically designed for confined space rescue retrieval or for use with davit systems using an unlimited length of life safety rope.
A CERTIFIED SELF-TAILING, MAN-RIDING CAPSTAN WINCH WITH THE SECURITY AND SAFETY OF AN INNOVATIVE CAPTIVE HEAD
The captive head allows the winch to be used safely, and keeps the rope from accidentally coming off the winch and releasing. The LokHead Winch Kit comes complete with a robust stainless steel mounting plate and hardware, tripod adapter, winch handle, a CMC FastLink™ adjustable strap with two CMC ProTech™ Auto-Lock Carabiners and CMC sewn attachment loop for anchoring, and a rugged, waterproof carry case; providing you with everything needed for a tripod setup.
- Diverse applications – The LokHead Winch can be used anywhere a load needs to be lifted and lowered. Rigged to a tripod, like an Arizona Vortex, Sked-Evac tripod, or most other tripods available, it can be used for confined space rescue, for load moving and hauling, and man-riding
- Lightweight – Weighing just 4.2 kg (9.3 lb), the LokHead Winch can be incorporated into tripod design without significantly increasing the overall system weight
- Ergonomic – Easy to rig and efficient, makes the most of the operator’s effort. The winch offers a 40:1 power ratio with 2 gears: low-load, high line speed; high-load, low line speed
- Operation – Can be driven manually with the provided 10″ winch handle or can be used with a power drill
- Reliable – The braking system controls descent and provides workers protection against free-falls. The encapsulating jaw cover protects fingers and clothing from catching in the winch
- Versatile – Designed for use with life safety rope 10mm-12.7 mm (5/16”-1/2″) diameter and unlimited line length
- Maintenance is easy – Clean and grease regularly as described in the product manual
- Maximum Rated Load (MRL) – The max rated load is 500 kg (1,102 lb) for goods/equipment and 240 kg (529 lb) for live rescue loads
- Certifications – Certified to EN13157:2009 (Machinery Directive Harmonized Standard) for lifting goods/equipment and EN1496:2007 as a rescue lifting device