AZTEK ProSeries System
Originally developed by Reed Thorne of Arizona-based Ropes That Rescue, the AZTEK (Arizona Technician’s Edge Kit) offers more than 100 rigging solutions in a bag, and reflects the philosophy of keeping rigging equipment simple, efficient, non-specialized, light and small. Thorne also worked closely with CMC Rescue to create the innovation-loaded, AZTEK ProSeries® Pack.
The subsequent design of the new CMC Rescue AZTEK ProSeries System, leaves no detail ignored. Each component – from the cord to the pack – was thoroughly tested and proven to work efficiently in this multifunctional system that comes pre-rigged for immediate deployment to the field. The CMC Rescue AZTEK ProSeries System is the only AZTEK System UL Classified to NFPA 1983 (2012 ED.) General Use, Manufactured System. With 50 feet of 8 mm AZTEK ProSeries® Cord (CMC Rescue’s high-performance 100% nylon blend with abrasion resistance), the system can extend to 12 feet while providing a 5:1 mechanical advantage (M/A) with a breaking strength of 40 kN (8,992 lbf).
For an edge travel-restraint system, with more than 40 feet of adjustable travel, simply attach the carabiner end of the cord to an appropriate anchor. The tubular Edge-Pro can also be repositioned when wrapping the cord around anchors with abrasive surfaces.
USES: Whether using the set-of-fours (SOFs) as a quick 4:1 or 5:1 M/A for a multitude of rigging applications, or for personal edge protection, the versatile AZTEK ProSeries System gives rescuers endless rigging solutions.
- Quickly adjust a litter attendant or litter position
- Easily pass knots
- Correct disoriented equipment under load
- Effortlessly transfer loads
- Promptly establish dynamic fixed brakes
- Back-tie or redirect anchors
- Establish travel restriction
- Dynamic Directionals
- Dynamic Lowers
- Hauling Systems
- High Angle Attendant Tether
- High Angle Litter Scoops
- Load-releasing Hitch
- Personal Mechanical Advantage (PMA)
- Solo Pick-off
- Tensioned Guying
- Tensioned Back-ties
The AZTEK ProSeries® System comes fully assembled in the AZTEK ProSeries Pack including:
- CMC Rescue AZTEK Omni Pulley Set, (one blue, one orange)UL Classified to NFPA 1983 (2012 ED.)
- Quick Pin for AZTEK Omni Pulley
- AZTEK ProSeries Cord, 8-mm, Hi-Viz orange, 50′ w/ Sewn-Eye Termination -15 kN (3,372 lbf), Sewn-Eye Termination – 12kN (2,698 lbf)
- AZTEK Edge-Pro Tubular Webbing, 24″
- ProTech Aluminum Manual-Lock Carabiner w/ removable keeper – 29 kN (6,519 lbf)
- AZTEK Bound-Loop Prusik, orange (6 mm) – 9″
- AZTEK Bound-Loop Prusik, blue (6 mm) – 9″
- AZTEK Bound-Loop Purcell, blue (6 mm) – 42″
- Maillon Rapide Quick Link, Oval (7 mm) – 27kN (6,070 lbf)